Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What snow melts


I stood in the 5am dark

With a reluctant pup at my side

The ground surprisingly covered with white

And my emotions began to collide.


The light on the house shined through air

And made the world snow-bright

I stood, face up, feeling the flakes

And allowed ire to take flight.


Three days was long enough

To stew and spit the anger I felt

Surprised I was to see

What snow was able to melt.



Not a poet but I thought I'd give it a try for me and for Jocelyn and for Lin...those last 2 are poets.



3 comments:

Lin said...

Add Susi Q to the list of poets...you expressed yourself beautifully. Free verse is that freeing and expressive and communicates. I can't write poems that rime and have rhythm. Keep writing, it's healthy for the soul. Have a wonderful new day, go for a walk in the snow.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

What a brilliant line..."what snow was able to melt"! Isn't life poetic? At least you got a good poem out of the whole dreadful experience! So, take THAT, agitators!

Emily said...

A wonderful poem and glad your feeling better!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner