Thursday, June 15, 2017

Superficial Spreading Melanoma

Yep...this is what Robert has.  He had surgery on  May 26 to remove this 'thing' and it was sent to the lab.  He just thought it was an age spot.  Two labs were sent the biopsy and today he met with the doctor and was given this diagnosis.

So on June 27, he will undergo another surgery, this time removing a larger area.  Then he will get an oncologist.

This doesn't make me happy.  I know it could be way worse but this is worse than it is.  It's not what I wanted for him.  Not my Robert.  He's way too good for this.  But I realize that's subjective.  And who am I to say who can and cannot have cancer.  I couldn't with my mom.  Why would I think I could with Robert.

Cara reminded me that she has melanoma, in her scalp and all she needed was a cream and then once a year is scanned for more.  She seems fine with this...I am not fine with this.

Pam says Suzanne Kamms has it in her head/neck and didn't have chemo/radiation/didn't lose her hair.  So maybe....

Now comes the need to truly have faith and rely on Heavenly Father.

But I am not happy.    I am scared.  I just want to throw up.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Definitely not what we want for out Papa buy I know he will make it through with flying colors!!

Dawn Barrett said...

It will be fine. Either way. Think of a mantra or song or scripture..and use it to buoy you up.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner