Friday, January 09, 2015

January 1, 2015

Marissa and Hank brought the boys for New Years Day dinner.  It seems I need to feel family around me while I grieve the loss of Uncle Johnny.  We had a very scrumptious dinner.  Marissa had recently told me every New Year's Day was spoiled by my mom's dinner which was a pork roast cooked in saurkraut.  Again, poor Marissa.

So altho I had to serve saurkraut because it's tradition even tho I don't care for it much either but Robert and Hank love it.  I used Rita Kistner's German recipe which included smoked sausage and cooked in a slow cooker for hours.  I also made a pork roast that was encrusted with seasoned panko bread crumbs.  Good potatoes and applesauce and rolls and everything else.

The fun moment?  getting to put Simon in a high chair for the first time. I do think he enjoys being up high and having a tray to pound on.  Putting the little spoon in his mouth didn't seem to be pleasurable but here is that cute little boy.  I could eat him up.  He always smiles....ALWAYS.


1 comment:

Dawn Barrett said...

Our tradition is pulled pork and cole slaw...I sure loved Gunner's pork and sour kraut!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner