Sunday, July 06, 2014

Baby Trefethen has arrived


   







New Baby Trefethen has arrived today. 8 lbs, 12 oz, 20.5" long

Photo


Delivered naturally because she was too far along by the time she went to the hospital.  She had called me a bit before 11pm to say the contractions were 3 minutes apart but not hard at all.
Photo: I just made this baby, and I did it naturally bc, things. I don't want to talk about it.
Hank called about 30 minutes later to say her water broke and they were heading to the hospital so I drove there to relieve the neighbor Dave who was waiting for me.  The baby was born about 12:40am...and this is Ken Barlow's birthdate so it's a good memory day.

Photo: This boy is mellow. #coldchillin

Marissa is already teasing about his double chin. Bubba is insisting this IS Winston Churchill, only needing a cigar in his mouth.  His toes make the Victory sign already.

Welcome to the world, wee one.

After naps, we took the boys in to meet their new brother.  Henry was brave from the get go...


Oskar took a bit more convincing. but before we left Lakewood Hospital, Oskar was all about baby's eyes, nose, ears, etc.  Gently stroking him and they both kissed him good bye



Bubba holds his new grandson and so do I.  For being almost a bag of potatoes, this little one is so light.  It's amazing.

                

Not sure when Marissa will be coming home but I think the boys will be here til Tuesday.  I just hope they can stand being away from their mom/dad.  It's a bit odd for them.  At first it's a party and fun and games but when it sets in that they aren't with their parents, things could turn sour.  Oh, to keep these squirrely boys occupied.

For me, I am just grateful that they live this close...at least for now.  It won't always be thus, I fear...and it hasn't been for the rest of my kids.  But times change.  Robert retires, our time is a bit free-er despite needing to care of my godparents, but boy, we do we feel our age.  This is why God gives the young parents the babes.  We old guys?  We just need to be taken care of. That is obvious...more each day, more each event.  How I wish it could have been this way for all my grands and my daughter/moms.  Big sigh here.  Just hope they all know how much I love them and wish it could have been different.

2 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

how exciting and what a cutie!

Dawn Barrett said...

yeah! It is always so great having a new baby around!!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner