Monday, June 18, 2012

This n That

Several parties this month.  A special retirement party for Mary Beth Lyon held at Jill Pavic's home.  She's worked 30 years and altho she is eligible to retire, she basically had to retire since the Lorain School District is eliminating art, music and gym.  We had a lovely spread of food and many good friends.

Jocelyn and her kids made a fast visit, mainly so Jocelyn could attend her fav teacher, Carolyn Gang's, retirement party.  But it is always fun to have her wee ones.  Marissa and Hank had a wedding and a reception to attend Saturday so we added Henry to the crowd and had joy at Lakeview Beach.  Since Jocelyn et al were here, Robert opened their gifts early.  As you can see, Niko needed to get into the act and ended up in the picture as well.

 This is a WONDERFUL shirt from them.  It spells out FATHER, the Noble Element...from the element table.
 Plus 4 type set letters that spell out HERO...very nice.

Dawn made this absolutely wonderful card for him and is treating him to a day at Greenfield Village. We have always wanted to go there and now we will be able to:

Yesterday was Father's Day and I bought Robert a glider for the back patio.  I had hoped to buy one at this place in Eaton but the prices were too high for my budget.  So I bought one that we had to put together.  It didn't take very long, really, but it would have been nice if it was already put together.  Here's Robert's relaxing:
My children were so blessed to have him as their dad.  And I have been blessed equally to have him as their dad, and as my dear husband.  I know so many people who have not have this in their home.  I have had several dads, as has been reported throughout the years on my blog, so I have seen both sides of personalities.  Luckily I landed the best.

3 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

you are blessed with a lovely family and hubby!

Cara said...

nice glider!

LeAnn said...

Lots of fun and great Father's Day thoughts. The pictures were awesome too. It is so wonderful to feel you have the best of men as a husband.
Blessings to you for this one!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner