Saturday, April 14, 2012

catch up

10  COLD...I am just not in a cold feeling mood...so all you get is my freezer. It's nice and cold...I always hope that my fridge would be colder...it's not.  I know it's time to replace it but but but but....I don't. It's still going and it's properly cold. Just not cold enough for my taste when it comes to cold, cold milk.  This freezer is still pretty stuffed, despite the fact we had lots of people here for Easter weekend.  But we could our blessings to have this in store.

11.  WHERE WE EAT BREAKFAST....This is where we usually eat breakfast..called the kitchen, natch!

But on Secular Saturday morning we had Ebelskivers...these are yummy Danish breakfast balls.  I bought the pan after having them while in Modesto, CA back in the day with my sister.  Delicious and easy to make.  

INGREDIENTS
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1-1/2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 eggs, separated
1-3/4 cups buttermilk
4 T unsalted butter, melted
1 pint fresh blueberries or other fruit, jellies, chocolate or cinnamon chips, or plain with syrup
Confectioner Sugar for dusting, maple syrup

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and power, sugar and salt.

In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the egg yolks and buttermilk. Whisk the yolk mixture into the flour mixture until well combined; the batter will be lumpy.

In another bowl, using an electric mixer fitter with the whisk attachment, bet the egg whites on high speed until stiff but not dry peaks form, 203 minutes.  Using a rubber spatula or large balloon whisk, gently fold the whites into the batter in two additions.

Put 1/2 t. butter in each well of a filled-pancake pan.  Place over medium heat and heat until the butter begins to bubble. Pour 1 T. batter into each well and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy, 3-5 minutes.  Put in the filling to the center of each pancake and top with 1 T batter more. Using  2 wooden skewers, flip the pancakes over and cook until golden and crispy,a bout 3 mnutes more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter and fillings.

Dust the pancakes with confestioners sugar and serve warm with mapel syrup.  Makes about 40




12.  Stairs...the above picture are the stairs to the basement here at 3830. These are NOT the stairs I fell up at 809, my last day at 809 and ended up sleeping in the kitchen.  When we first moved in here, these stairs were carpeted by Bonpapa, and not very well secure.  So the carpeting was removed.  Actually these stairs looked so much nicer carpeted but they just weren't safe.

These stairs worry me still when I go up or down them.  Years back, Rebecca Stay fell on her stairs, (twice I think) and broke her leg and she learned that her feet, like mine are too long to walk stairs the normal way so now I do as she suggested....sideways.  I don't go down often...way too worrisom...but I am ever grateful I have a basement. For Shelter from Storms (literally); For Storage for food; For Beds for extra guests (usually the grands).




No comments:

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner