Thursday, February 02, 2012

Ground Hog Day

Today is Ground Hog Day.  Most of my buddies are hoping it's cloudy today so the little guy will not be afraid of his shadow and stay to play, shortening winter as he does so.

Me? I don't know.  We haven't had enough snow/winter to want a short one.  I know that God provided these wonderful snowflakes filled with nitrogen for our gardens to soak in while they nap through winter. And that's why we personally get great veggies following a good winter.  I hope we get some snow this year for that reason...or else we'll be needed to 'add' to our garden mixture to make up for the loss.

But for Ohio to enjoy 60 degrees and Sunshine on the last day of January was incredible.  Yesterday was just as nice, just not as warm. And today should be fine, too.  I need to run to Catan's and JoAnns for a few items for a project I'm working on.  And I want to finish it before we go to Columbus, IF we go to Columbus on Saturday.

Sophia has some sort of photo challenge for February...if she sends it to me, then I'm going to join in. Don't have a fancy camera but I figure any camera is better than no camera. Love the instancy of the iPhone camera but it's not really a camera that takes pix worth printing.  So now I need to run to the basement, look for some stuff I need for the project before I leave home.  Hello Groundhog!  What do you see?  Do you see what I see?

1 comment:

Lin Floyd said...

we are waiting for the groundhog...lol! We had 61 degrees yesterday.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner