Wednesday, February 29, 2012

feb 28...money

Believe it or not, this actually is rolled and loose coins that belonged to my mom and Bonpapa.  It's been hanging around forever.  I don't know what we don't bank it or don't use it...but it's rather comforting to see on the shelf in the upstairs study.  It reminds me to save for what I want...it reminds me to beware of excess.

Speaking of excess, my friend Teri sent me a link to this over-the-top blog and no I am not going to list it here. It belongs to a YW president and shows off all their activities.  And when I say OVER, I mean OVER!  Every big lesson and activity is so incredibly decorated and the handouts!  As I looked at it, and don't get me wrong, each is BEAUTIFUL!  But what does it really teach the girls?  And what happens when the girls grow up and move to a unit that has less money or has leaders who don't pay for everything themselves?

Dawn suggested that because the world bombards our kids from all sides,  perhaps this presidency is trying to reverse all the bad with the good.  I don't know.  I know they are setting a good example but it's an example that's insanity driven. The blog owner commented that she drinks Dr. Pepper for breakfast every day...I think she needs the caffeine to produce like this.

As for me, I'll stick to the remembrances this jar of coins gives me.

1 comment:

Dawn Mercedes said...

I agree that site was over the top. And the comment about bombardment...well, it just occurred to me while we were chatting. I wish things could be more simple. And, it's no wonder kids aren't as appreciative as we'd like them to be.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner