Monday, March 28, 2011

locket

I have often longed for a locket. But I knew what I wanted...and definitely what I did not want. I also needed to be sure I had the money to purchase it. Found one, finally...a couple of weeks ago....from an estate sale. I didn't want a small one, nor one with LOVE or hearts on it. This one is approx 2-1/8" x 1-3/4". It came with an 18" chain but I think I'll save up and buy a longer one.

Today I have added the pictures. Initially I was going to put in one of the young Robert and one of the today Robert. But today I have put in one AM and one PM.

The AM (after mission) is on the left. In it Robert is all slicked and wearing his last French suit and tie. I loved that suit. Ought to send him back just for another one of these suits.

The PM (pre-mission...or 3rd semester) is on the right. This is the 'look' I fell in love with...and stayed in love with. This was taken on the once a month day the boys were allowed up to the girls' bedrooms in the dorm. The doors had to stay open all the way. I think this is the same day Robert found my mace spray in my drawer and then emptied out the floor of residents and guests. My aunt acquired the mace through some back street deal, or so she said, because she didn't want me to go so far away without protection. Oh yes...that stuff would have done the job all right! But he was more of a blatant devil in those days. Today he is much more conservative and reserved.

But Teri is going to be taking a slew of pictures with Robert for my Sexiest Man of My Life series. Well, it's the only series I'll ever have. And from that, I may find a nice one to put into one side or the other. I have a feeling that the PM is going to stay. If you only knew him when....

5 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

Oh yeah!! What a hunk!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Good for you! I"m glad you finally found one that you like! Love that pM picture of dad...wish he'd smile like that now!!!

Kate said...

The AM pic looks so much like Jordan!

Lin Floyd said...

lovely locket to enclose photos of the love of your life...

Rebecca Holt Stay said...

I think the PM is more like Jordan: of course, the PM Jordan is really the only one I know

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner