Thursday, February 17, 2011

Forgotten, yet delightful

I haven't blogged in forever. And I haven't even missed it. I wondered today if I should give it up. Not sure yet...undecided. But I commented on Lin's entry about a book I'm reading...and it's quite fun.

Let's Bring Back: an encyclopedia of forgotten, yet delightful, chic, useful curious and otherwise commendable things from Times Gone by by Lesley M. M. Blume.

Oh for the niceties of past eras to be still around. I had set our dinner table on Valentines Day and a friend who has given me such wonderful things dropped another carload off and saw the table and wondered aloud if we were having a special dinner. I told her 'no' but I realized all my dinners with Robert are special. And so I try to make the table look as special as I think my dinner with him is.

See if you can find this book...it's a fun walk down memory lane if you like nice things. There's a bit of 'tongue' in the comments which is fun and funny, sharp and directed where it should be.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

don't stop

Lin Floyd said...

i agree-i always learn something new...from you. you're my blogging mentor! thanks a bunch.

JP said...

don't stop

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner