Friday, January 21, 2011

wondering

Have you ever known you were awake and yet wondered if you were asleep. I KNOW I was awake. But as I lay in bed, going over my kids, I lost one. I didn't have a clue where she was. I could rattle off the names of the 5 kids, I could picture their spouses and kids...but one just didn't show up. And all I could do was remember her name and see her as she was 6. I got panicky. I even called Robert on the phone..and I know I did this cuz he didn't answer my 8 tries but then when he got inside and warmer, he called to see why I had called so often. She was just gone.

About 20 minutes late, i knew who and where she was, what she looked like. phew! But.....

So then I worried about having the start of alzheimers but Robert insists I was really asleep. I don't buy it.

So if I suddenly depart the world of knowing you, know that today I knew I loved you, my faithful readers. I remember times I have spent with you. I hope it lasts, this thing called memory. But if it doesn't, just know that once I did have you in my heart, mind.

hyperventilating, susan

5 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

what a scary experience, we certainly worry over lots of things. get a blessing from your hubby and calm down...

Jocelyn Christensen said...

OOh, I guess if that was me, it probably just means I need to call you more often!

Anonymous said...

Exceptional information. We have certainly realized new things at this point! Cheers.

Dawn Mercedes said...

well, I already lose names of people and items. So it wouldn't surprise me if I was already on that road!

teamk said...

Wow! That would be a terrifing experience! I love you too.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner