Monday, October 25, 2010

FHE

It's Monday night and since Robert's on the midnight shift this week, we can actually have FHE at night. Every other week we've had Family Home Mornings. Since I needed to take care of my godparents on the Sunday of General Conference we have been viewing (re-viewing for Robert) a talk each week. It's been nice. Instead of racing from one talk to another we can listen and comment and mull it over during the week.

Tonight was a different sort of re-viewing. And I sat chuckling. Here we sit, Robert and me...empty nesters. Still having FHE. And I suddenly remembered what it used to be like when the 5 kids were still home. The phone would ring and we didn't answer it. Some one had to go to the bathroom. Someone scrounged into a bag. Someone had a toy. Someone wanted to sit elsewhere. Someone wanted attention. And everyone stuck around for treats.

Tonight? Suddenly no different. The phone rang and we did not answer it. Some one had to go to the bathroom. Someone scrounged into a bag. Someone had a toy. Someone wanted to sit elsewhere. Someone wanted attention. And everyone stuck around for treats. And it was all NIKO!
Niko barked. He wanted 'out'. He wanted a treat. He wanted attention, desperately. He wanted to sit where Robert was sitting. He stuck his nose into my tote bag trying to get the kleenex out of it in order to shred it all over the house. Then he tried to get a toy from his toy box. When that failed, and when we didn't get up to help him, he ran into the front room and grabbbed the fox and started squeekin' the life out of it.

He is just so stinkin' cute! And while the cake cools so I can frost it, I loved the look back into the past. I love FHE. (PS...now we are watching the 'scariest movie' so says Robert...Hocus Pocus)

2 comments:

marissa said...

Hey, we were going to watch hocus pocus tonight, too! we didn't end up doing it, though, because hank was too tired, henry was too hungry and the time just sort of ran out on us.

Lin Floyd said...

have I got a book for you...that I'm writing...lol!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner