Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Stuffed Peppers for the Winter


Today's the day for stuffing peppers and freezing them. Recipe found on the hatchameal blog if you are interested. Found another recipe that I decided to try.

We are so grateful for the bounteous harvest of everything.

Jocelyn and her friend are kicking off a month of celebrating family. I think a part of family is the old recipes and cooking together and savoring the past memories. I remember my mom and grandmother always making these stuffed peppers...but with their own recipe. My aunt Carol still makes them for her and Uncle Al. I can recall many meals shared at their home when I was a young mom. My kids weren't too into the peppers but neither was I. But the stuffin'? MMMMMM Good.....next best thing to a meatloaf.

There's something not only warm with memories but the warmth of the food makes us all happy family members.

4 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

those look delicious!

Lin Floyd said...

looks good, I'm just now starting to get interested in cooking now that I'm in my empty nest stage and love to eat healthy meals.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

I totally agree! Favorite family recipes are one of the ways we bind our family together. I love stuffed peppers. I'll have to show the recipe to my daughter. It's her week to cook. ☺

JP said...

these look yummy!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner