Thursday, September 09, 2010

Lucky #13...Henry Jr.

The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God's commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God's eternal plan.


Marissa and Hank's new baby boy....Born Sept 8, at 7:36pm. 9 pounds 4 ounces
Did not arrive in the subway.



I thought a lot about this birth when it was upcoming...only now the moment has arrived. I am grateful for all my children who are holding firm and moving forward along the path of the Iron Rod. I'm relieved that this new spirit gets to come to Marissa and Hank and I wonder if Henry has any sense of the love that radiates from his mom and dad's eyes? It's easy as new parents to hold onto the new babe and feel the love he/she brings. It's part of the best plan ever.

DIVINELY APPOINTED..those words within the document always ring loudly in my ears/heart. That's what we do as parents when we either conceive between husband and wife and bring forth an amazing child of God or when we open our hearts and homes to amazing children of God in need of the blessings of eternity. Isn't it marvelous to know that when we do either thing, that it's divinely appointed. That we are drawing closer to Heavenly Father and his plan...for us, for our babes, for the world.

Our ward has a 'program' that the Ward Mission Leader Assistant formulated. We meet with the full time missionaries to begin the program. Are given a wood stand and the first block which reads "PRAYER". We were instructed to pray by name for the missionaries and the work. Today (after a long few months of praying) we received the 2nd block, reading "CHARITY". And we are encouraged to pray that we may increase within us, the pure love of Christ. To open ourselves to this marvelous gift.

Yes, I know it is for Missionary work that this program is meant to inspire but today, in light of Henry, I think how often I pray for my grands' safety, strength, health, protection by unseen hands from the evil ones in the world. I have often prayed for a cloak of invisibility for my own children and am certain there have been times unknown to me, that it has been activated. How much more I now pray for all 13 of my grands. If I can allow this pure love I have for my grands to overflow the world, I will find a greater happiness, even within myself.

So welcome to Henry...but to Cody, Connor, Ella, Adelle, Samuel, Evan, Guy, Peter, Kipp, Scarlett, Autumn, and Lily...welcome to you all again. May your lives within your eternal families continue to be blessed with joy and charity.

Love, Granny

9 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yay for Henry!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh how fun! Congrats! My parents have a running tally... or rather, a competition to see who has the most grandkids! LOL!

And I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my post about family planning yesterday. I whole-heartedly agree with what you said!

heather said...

Hooray!!! We're so happy for Mom, Dad, baby, Grandma and Grandpa! And he's got a FANTASTIC birth day :)

Lin Floyd said...

what a bright alert newborn. congrats to all!

JRoberts said...

My parents do that as well, number the grands. This is great that #13 is so beautiful. (not that any baby isn't) Congratulations!

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Congrats! The safe arrival of a baby is always a wonderful event.

Wendy said...

Hip hip hurray!!!

Rebecca Stay said...

Hippo Bird Day Two Ewe, Henry!

JP said...

Yay! Congratulations! (Sorry I'm late, but I killed my computer and finally got a new one.)

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner