Sunday, August 29, 2010

new tote





As I wrote elsewhere, Friday I spent a Practically Perfect day with friend Teri and her mom and sister (with a beautiful new infant son) who were visiting from N. Carolina. I had worked with Karen when she was Stake YW president. And that's when Amy was just this wee little girl. It was great spending the day sewing and chattering. Teri, the photographer, did take pictures of the event, probably mostly me cuz I had forgotten my camera. Above you will see me with my new Juki serger as well as my new haircut. The hairdo isn't fresh....but you can get the idea. It's short. I love it. And I love it more after I saw this picture (or a similar one) of Emma Watson.
Emma skipped off to the hair salon as soon as she had finished the final movie for HP and had her hair chopped off. This still isn't the pix that was in the magazine (EW) but you get the idea...the EW pix has her all dressed up and her hair is curled on top.
And she is SO lovely, and so thin...but it's a fun haircut. Probably perfect for a 20 year old attending Brown. But it's perfect for me right now and maybe I'll take Ken Barlow to Marc's with me and maybe we'll make me an auburn again...which is what Ken has wanted all along.

So anyway....I sewed this lovely tote bag. Teri made sure I got my tote finished before I left altho Karen and Amy did not. I think with 3 of us sewing and Teri instructing all of us, she was going to make sure one bag got completed. Personally, I'm glad it was mine altho I could have finished it at home. Teri checked my threading of my serger and hooray, it was correct....except that the left needle was in the wrong place...for a 3rd needle. But it's all good to go. So here's my lovely new tote...and yes, I quilted it as well...IF you can see that the material is quilted.

7 comments:

teamk said...

Sweet!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yes, I can see the quilting! It is AWESOME...and so is the HAIR CUT! sO CUTE! You look marvelous!

Millie said...

I love your hair...tha's what I always told you to do but you never wanted me to cut it so short, its fabulous...I also love the tote...any of them for sale?

Lin Floyd said...

great haircut and cute tote...

Sherri said...

I saw your bag, and was thinking how good it looked. We were in the middle of class though and thought that would interupt the class...

It was a day for maiden voyages of new bags! Sunday I took my new church bag for it's trial run. I love that I have more pockets now! Hurray for friends who help us along the path to creation!

Renae said...

I know this comment is left late on an older post and so you may not read it. anyhoo...
I like your haircut too! Emma Watson looks fab too. I've sometimes pondered whether or not I could pull off a short hair cut.
Secondly, the bag, it's great! Best part is you made it. Doesn't that make it even better. Susan, you're a gem!

cherrystones said...

It was a great day! Your chicken salad and my deadly peppers made it perfect!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner