Friday, June 11, 2010

Freezer

Well, I bid a sad farewell to our faithful ol' freezer yesterday. I just have to get over the attachment I make with inanimate things. I have to. I watched for the truck to lower the new one, having already emptied out the old. It was small...and I wasn't sure everything would fit in it. I really stewed on that one. Then the new one could have basically been picked up by the 2 delivery guys without the handtruck. But oh my, did they struggle with the heaviness of the old one.

I am trying to convince myself that the new one, though lighter, might have new space age material making it light but economical, energy-wise.

So the new one comes in...and I am thrilled. It's clean. No dents. No duct tape holding the doors closed. PLUS it has a lock on the door...way cool. So family, if you come while I am out of town, and need the meat inside, you know where the key is kept...with the other keys, naturally.

Then I start to load...and guess what? It all fit with spots to spare. Fewer shelves but more head space. I'm happy. The food is happy to be so solidly frozen. And it even held the 2 turkeys and the ham! That is very nice. Worries gone.

6 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

How wonderful! Now you have to do like Christie does...fill it with ice cream drum sticks for when the grandkids come!! :)

Dawn Mercedes said...

fun for you!

Lin Floyd said...

Looks like you could last awhile without going to the store, as long as the electricity holds out...

marissa said...

Lookin' good, mom!

gremhog susan.hatch@gmail.com said...

yes Lin...and that issue with the electricity is why we have a generator.

Sherri said...

Hurrah for you. So happy you found one you liked! Even more so when you got it home!!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner