Sunday, April 25, 2010


See this great picture? I received it in the mail from Marina Rice a bit ago. I had fully intended to blog about it at the time but somehow didn't. But today is a day that feels like a better day. You see, 6 years ago today, we went to church to announce my mom's passing. And 2 years ago today, Roger had the massive brain hemmorage and altho his death date is really tomorrow, he was gone today. His body just needed to use up its last breaths.

But rather than me talk about this wonderful couple, I thought I'd let Marina do it for me...so here's what she wrote:

I loved your mom and "Bishop" (can't call him Roger) very much.

Your mom will always be to me a woman of beauty, poise, elegance, and eloquence. She radiated class! In her presence you felt loved and important! Every time I was around her I felt transformed as if she could "see" potential in me and draw it out? I was/am a better person because of her! Look at that picture...she has timeless beauty coming from within til it bursts out for all to enjoy and be blessed by!

Then there is "Bishop"--handsome, dashing, debonair and always smiling! What a sweet, gentle man is he!

So forgive the intrusion into this tender yet difficult moment but as I have looked at this photo (it was my mother-in-law's) I knew that is should be yours to keep...or share with your family.....with love, Marina.

PS...it was taken at 7 Hills during the church's Susquecentennial celebration.


I was touched that Marina would send me the picture. It now is framed on my frig's side...looking me as I sit at the computer. All Marina said reminds me of my mom and Roger. And today it's a comfort to know these wonderful people were in my day to day life. Now...to become more like them.

5 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Always thinking of them...

Lin Floyd said...

nice tribute...

JP said...

Roger + Gladys = BEAUTIFUL, inside and out.

Millie said...

I never met such wonderful, spiritual, loving, devoted and valiant people throughout my life like Gladys & Bishop.. They were great teachers to me and my boys in every way imaginable. They will always be in my heart.

Robin McCleskey Falke said...

Truly wish I knew them. Rob came home one Sunday after visiting Lorain Ward and then your parents at their home and could not stop talking about this great couple ... He hoped to be like them someday! If they are the reason why you are WHO YOU ARE, then that is a testimony to me of how amazing they were while here touching the lives of all they were with!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner