Sunday, April 11, 2010

Divine Decadence



Last week, Pam invited me to go shoe shopping with her. I was thrilled to go. And for the first time ever, once she agreed to try on the shoes I suggested, she completed the task in 2 minutes. From there we shopped for a purse for her and had dinner out and more purse looking.

But I needed to go into the World Market for something and look what else I discovered there....Divine Decadence for certain.
Oh yes...I went for treacle but was overjoyed to find BOSCO...my favorite from my youth and so naturally I bought a bottle. Here's how you have to use it. Pour yourself a tall glass of icy cold milk. Get a spoon from the drawer and very carefully balance it across the glass. Now begin to pour the chocolate gold over the spoon and naturally it will spill over to the base of the glass.

SOME folks think it's now time to stir like crazy. But oh no, not me. I allow the most to fall off the spoon but I stop it from completely leaving the spoon. Then I take my tongue and make a cross in the spoon. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The joy. From then on, I just keep dipping the spoon in to the bottom of the glass, getting more of the Bosco along with the milk...and slurp bother...repeat this step until you really can't do this anymore. Then, what is left of milk is pretty much chocolated.

It's very good either way, but best my way.

5 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Stir crazy? Good one!

Lin Floyd said...

sounds delicious...

Millie said...

Oh Susan I haven't had Bosco chocolate syrup since I left New York City 44 years ago. You will have to take me to that store sometime this Summer so I could get some Bosco for my brother...he will flip when I give him a bottle of Bosco. What a great find and a great amount of memories. WOW!!!!

mom/caryn said...

I remember Bosco... and I think it was Captain Jet that advertised it on his show. Takes me back a few years. I loved it! Although I don't remember making such a production out of drinking it. I'm thinking I missed out on something. Kinda fun to find some of the good stuff from our youth, eh?

Dawn Mercedes said...

we have a restaurant named Stir Crazy....

Glad you found BOSCO!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner