Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Ever been called a Twinkie?

There is always this complaint about Twinkies...that they are junk food (yes! they are! but who cares if you like them). That they are filled with additives so they last forever (yes! they do but again who cares if you are into food storage). That 2 people who hang together or dress and/or act alike are Twinkies? (yes! so what? It's all about friendship, right?) RIGHT!!!

Last week (as in previous weeks) I have been knitting and specifically knitting a pair of hobo gloves/mittens for Robin, who had asked about them. I started because this cold weather really has been effecting my incision spot on my left arm. I made my first pair longer cuffed so it would cover the scar and keep it warm. But they are very handy since without fingers you can do anything around the house and still keep that area warm. One Sunday, they needed a pianist for Primary and altho the room was way-cold! and the piano by nature of its design keeps the cold within and when you press the keys, out it comes. So I could successful play the piano with these gloves still on. It was heavenly.

Yesterday afternoon, Ding Dong....and there stood Robin with a Malley's Chocolate bag and inside were these!



Oh yes they are! They are Malley's chocolate covered Twinkies, individually wrapped and sprinkled for Valentines day. So are they junk food? Yes. Will they keep til Valentines Day? Yes, if I allowed them to do so....or if Robert did. Might I be called a Twinkie if both Robert and I ate them? Yes, but who cares!

A Malley Chocolate Covered Twinkie by any name is only more totally delicious. But I bet each of you could make some of these for yourself. I might even give it a try!

Thanks Robin! Oh and by the way, Robin and I have the exact same coat and so we ARE Twinkies. She had hers first, I fell in love with it and she literally drove me to J Jill to get one for myself. How nice is she!

6 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That's cute! I don't know that I've ever had a Twinkie Friend...My friends always seem to be different from me. Maybe once or twice I felt like we were both the same inside...(full of soft sweet gooey goodness!) LOL Chocolate dipped!!! That's awesome!

Kate said...

Yum! I'd love to see pics of the mittens.

HollyCat said...

First off...saw the chocolate covered twinkie's at Susan's today...man they looked good!!!
Secondly...Is there ANYTHING Susan can't do?! She is like our personal Santa Claus every day of the year with all she gives!
And lastly...Jocelyn, you have always been a delightful, sweet, indulgent, happy, good, fun, and much wanted twinkie, because you have always been such a great HOSTESS!!! LOVE YA!

Millie said...

I really want to check out those mittins. They sound great. Are they for sale?

Lin Floyd said...

I joined you in falling yesterday but luckily no broken bones just very sore. read my blog tomorrow with description. I never heard about twinkie friends and I don't like twinkies-never have-too sweet. But I find I'm craving a brownie will have to find a sugar free recipe and make some for me!

Nikki said...

Yum!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner