Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday's reflection on Monday and thisnthat

Tuesday has arrived and I think I'll post some pictures from yesterday and then comment about today. What a dear face!

And here's BAXTER! Isn't he just the cutest thing. I went down last night to get a couple of shots and found no one home but the pups were outside. And oddly enough, Baxter had made it to the top of the stairs. Pretty good trick for a 14 weeks old. Doesn't he look like he's saying, "Get me down from here!"?
Daphne had walked to the store and Robert was next door planting peas in our old yard since our renter has no intention of gardening and is fine with us starting some of our garden down there.

Here's Robert with Baxter and Henry Lee, 10 months old...what a size difference. Even at 20 pounds, Baxter is a package to heft!

But Baxter likes to walk right next to you.

Earlier in the afternoon, Jerry Blazina had come by with her famous potato salad...no one makes potato like Jerry and she's always so kind to share...and lately she's figured out there are only 2 of us and I am the only one who eats it so the sizes are becoming more manageable.
I'm posting this picture particularly for Hank who enjoys Jerry's potato salad as well...and hopes to get up here to have a lesson from her...before she decides to die. My friend Jerry is always saying she's ready...she may be but we are NOT!

Then last night we had a presidency meeting at Tara's and she
treated us to a Low Country Boil...now she's from Brunswick, GA...Southeast of Atlanta but still has this twang. So when you read 'boil' say it like Tara...something like "bawl". It was red potatoes, corn on the cob, sausage, and shrimp.

The finger you see pointing from the right is Rose..and she's getting the skinny on how to make this dish.

We love to wonder why we think food is such a comfort in trying times, in good times, in times of mourning, or just time. But whatever it is, we seem to think we need to eat. Having this good food was a great start to a presidency meeting. . .

Then comes this morning. I'm watching GMA and trying to sort out what the episode was trying to tell me. It had to do with a song sung by Brittany Spears and the kids are understanding what she's really saying but the moms didn't have a clue. I went back it to see the title that was flashed on the screen and froze it....i didn't see it. They suggested you say it fast a bunch of times which I did...but it only sounded like a bunch of slurred words. I tried slowly...still didn't get it. Jill called and feared she woke me up. I explained my activity. She had one thought...I had another. It wasn't until I was getting ready that I figured out HOW it is heard.

Man!..... Man!..................... MAN! What a trollup. But I was reminded of a verse that uses the term 'conspiring men'. Well, this certainly attaches it to that notion quite well. Jill told me to forget it but my problem is, I have grandbabies who are getting to the age where they are beginning to listen to current songs. I feel really badly for them. Sure, there have always been hidden meanings in songs. I remember thinking that PUFF did mean marijuana til Peter and/or Paul said that had not been their intention. And I chose to believe them. I still do no matter what GMA says. Why can't children and youth have songs that are worth singing and not sound corny or pathetically sappy? Why must their lives be altered by words that seem harmless to hear until your really do HEAR the words. Man!

7 comments:

Lin said...

what a blah Monday/Tuesday-maybe you'll add more.

Millie said...

I always loved bull dogs they are one of my favorites. These dogs are so cute. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Dawn Mercedes said...

Yes...Now that I'm a mom, I listen...LISTEN to the words of songs. Even old songs. And HEAR what they are saying. (And more often than not, I can't understand what is being said too.)

Kids don't do that. Some Moms do.

Lin said...

cute dog even if I don't like bulldogs...interesting with songs. the beatles songs had lots of double meanings also like LDS lucy in the sky with diamonds, etc. Maybe you need to write/compose some songs for your grandkiddies.

Hank Trefethen said...

Yes I want to learn the magic of the Blazina potato salad! As soon as I saw the image I knew what it was!

mom/caryn said...

Good food? Good company? What more could a presidency meeting ask for?

You'll need to share the secret of the potato salad when you find out what it is...

The pups are cute indeed.

And music. It's been the bain of parents since I was a pre teen driving my mom and dad crazy with Chubby Checker, Elvis, and the music of "Hair". By the time I was a more mature teenager, I was strictly into Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, The Four Freshman and The Lettermen. I was SUCH a "square"!! And my parents tap danced into bed every night because of my change in musical taste.

Anything that falls out of Britney's mouth would concern me. She is exactly waht you said, a trollop. I love that word.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Uh, weird. I dont' know which BS song you are talking about, but you'll find nothing but good, wholesome fun in this song: http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2009/03/family-togetherness-happiness.html

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner