Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pansies and Chocolate


is it spring yet? Sure seems like spring. We've had wonderful weather since Sunday. Yesterday was filled with torrential rains but even they were fun. And then the amazing winds kicked up and that's what kept me up all night. The winds even scared Niko...who couldn't figure out what was pushing him all over the yard and make him want to scurry back inside without doing his duty.

Yesterday we traveled to my godparents again and then, what joy, another birthday gift. This lovely pansy bowl. I love pansies. They truly are the happiest of plants to me and I sure wish they'd last all year. Then the UPS arrived with this delightful Hershey treats from Michelle (all the way from Hershey, PA)....all kisses. How can you beat Hershey kisses? But the fun kiss was a larger one, in the plexiglass box...and the streamers reads "Happy 60th Birthday, Susan". I really don't know how to open the box so perhaps I'll just keep it that way.

I just wanted to go on the record and say that since Sunday, I've felt younger. Is there a mystery to a new decade? Did I never notice this before? Or have my days, attitudes, emotions changed? Don't know...but am sure enjoying this. So thanks again to all for making my new decade a warm and fuzzy one.

4 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You are the youngest in your age group! LOL Something about not having a 9 tacked on to the end of your age!

Lin said...

my sixties have my happiest, i think you let go of expectations for self and others and just accept your life and surroundings are they are...maybe that's the wisdom that comes from experience!!

Millie said...

That is a beautiful gift. I bet those chocolats are delicious too. Enjoy it all you can.

mom/caryn said...

I really like Jocelyn's take on Enjoy it while you have it. I also love pansies and johnny jump-ups... they truly are happy flowers.

By the way... I just googled my great grandfather and your blog came up. He's John Frost Hubbard, (went by the name of Frost) his second wife was Ruby Brown. Had daughters named Elizabeth and Gladys May. He's my mom's grandpa. Had the most beautiful sky blue eyes ever on earth.

Are we talking the same "Frost" here?

Caryn...
you can reply to tychadd@cut.net to let me know. We may be cousins of some sort.

I read that blog on Autumn. I don't know how the comment about John Frost got past me.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner