Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Journalism runs in Team Kennedy


Ella's paper was selected to be entered into the Red Cross Heroes Award contest. All her classmates were assigned to write who their heroes were and why. Since we had a major snow/ice power outtage that lasted a week or more, the Red Cross wants to recognize true heroes for their actions. So... this is Ella's report.

Hero!

Are you a hero? Are you someone who is kind, loving, and always there for someone? Well, that’s what I think a hero is. A hero doesn’t have to be someone strong, rich, or famous. Your hero could be family or a friend. If you’re looking for a hero, look for someone who you can trust and that your hero isn’t a bully. My heroes are my parents. They’re always fun to be around. When I grow up I want to be just like my Mom and Dad. Be a hero!

By: Ella Kennedy

Is today parent's day? Isn't that so sweet? Ella was so cute. The paper has to be less than 500 words. She said, "Mom, I counted it and my paper is definately not 500 words. So it's ok." So funny!


2 comments:

Lin said...

how sweet. when I went to my twin grand daughters grandparents day last year, the kids sang a song called you're our heroes. dedicated to grand parents and there were few dry eyes in the audience.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

what a cutie...she even looks like a great journalist/writer!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner