Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm not dead yet

I gather I made a few of my faithful readers chuckle over that line and that song. Well, here's another chuckle for you which I just learned on NPR, maybe yesterday or maybe Sunday.

Apparently "I'm Not Dead Yet" is the name of the gene (INDY) in Fruit flies that make them live double their lifespan. And humans have the same gene. Initially I wondered if that's where the Monty Python got the line for the song but in researching it, I discover it's because of the song that the gene was named this.

What's even more fun is the Ken and Barbie Gene. I guess I'd better find something a bit less humorous to do today....but right now, this has me enjoying the image of those dolls, the early dolls...not the anatomically correct ones of today. UGH!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I haven't heard the song, but that's my favorite part of the movie for sure.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

oH, NICE, mom!

Lin said...

hey are you still celebrating your birthday? you're not dead yet and laughing-good for you!! like your blog wall paper.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner