Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Apples to open on Friday

Not that anyone else cares but for us in Paradise we are thrilled. This is the email we got from the mayor last night. I am excited since I want to be able to be there Friday at 7am...before we leave to be with the New Hatch Batch and the Kennedys and I had thought they weren't opening til Sunday. I'll be there....tell all your friends along the lake shore:

Hello Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the grand opening of our new Apples Grocery Store on Sunday. The ribbon cutting will be on Sunday, March 1st, at noon. The store will actually open its doors on Friday & Saturday (February 27th & 28th) to work out any potential bugs in their operation. The hours for the store will be 7:00am to 11:00pm every day.

Mr. Krakomperger, and the Apples team have been an absolute pleasure to work with, and we are all thankful that they have decided to come to our city. I have had the privilege to see the inside of the store, and I must say they have done a wonderful job with it. Let's make sure they stay - please come shop at our new anchor store!!

As far as the redevelopment of the rest of the center, we are finishing a plan for your review. I hope to have it completed to begin public consensus meetings within the next 45days. I'm exited and can tell you we have already generated developer interest. I will update you more when I have more.

Thank you for your support,
John


Mayor John Piskura
609 Harris Road
Sheffield Lake, Ohio 44054

4 comments:

Lin said...

that's certainly good news in our economic climate right now. enjoy shopping

mom/caryn said...

I'll raise my glass to the new grocery store in town! Here's to success.

We had a little store open in our tiny hamlet. It didn't last a year. It's so sad to see the building sitting empty. The community tried to support it for a while.... lots of mitigating factors...

This is an exciting time for your community. Sounds like you have a good mayor. Congrats!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

HOT DOG!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

yum and yay!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner