Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 27

This is our 439th anniversary today and we will be spending it with Pam and Ken...our very good, excellent friends.

And I will catch up on Christmas next week...but today, inasmuch as it was 66 degrees and sunny outside, made it the perfect day to de-decorate the house and clean up after the month-long holiday. It all feels good. I have opened all the windows and am blowing out the house from staleness, and germs (no, Steve...this is so NOT hocus pocus), and whatever. It smells wonderful.

Thanks to all who came by and called and sent cards. I didn't send cards this year and almost feel badly about it...but not quite. Some times, in some states of mind, you have to let go of the things that just add to your burdens. But you all know I wish you well and joy in the New Year. Love to hear what your resolves are for 2009...you know I'll be juggling (right, Darin?) and yo-yoing (can David come to Ohio, please), and my final resolve is to walk on the treadmill daily. That's 3 for me. I'm happy to report I partied at least once every month in 2008. I won't be repeating that in '09 but I will repeat the parties and find reasons for me.

2 comments:

Lin said...

wow that's amazing-you are warmer than we are, just went for a little walk-it was 37 degrees and the wind was blowing so it was a short walk...good to be home though....on with new resolves.

mom/caryn said...

I think I mentioned my decaying memory in your last post. I can't remember what my resolutions are long enough to carry them to fruition.

I've decided that must be the reason I don't do to well with keeping them. It can't be that I'm lazy, or unmotivated... cant it?

Nah!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner