Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Review

OK..>I don't write for weeks and now you get 3 in a row...no apologies.

But you have to read this blog entry. Now that I'm at the computer, I'm catching up on blogs. This is the most fantastic entry I've read in such a long time. No preaching....no sad tales....no excuses. It is amazing how one well-worded, true life experience can change the day around.

Sunday I had a slump day...nah...it was a day in the dumps day, a day in the garbage dump for me personally, in fact. Yesterday I listened to a few minutes of Joyce Meyer and her guest and realized I can't change the world. But I can change me. That put me back on the good path. This morning I read that blog entry and realized if I can have the best me out front, then I can change the world if only for a minute. But I don't have to set about to change the world. I just have to be better at being who I am.

I'm working on it....I need to talk to the fall leaves, the blowing dried leaves, the soon to be hybernating flowers, the new fence, the shower that no longer leaks through to the kitchen ceiling, the emptying out basement and remember that Viruses aren't the only thing that is infectious.

4 comments:

Lin said...

hey that's my friend Caryn's blog-great writer isn't she? glad to have you back and your kennedy's of indiana disappeared. you are back! hurrah-missed you.

Max and Deborah said...

I love the phrase... viruses aren't the only thing that is infectious. Thank you for directing me to this wed site. Love the stories.

R.L.Scovens said...

I had to learn to stop trying to change everyone! They are NOT my responsibility. I have too much work to do with myself to concentrate on anyone else!lol

mom/caryn said...

Well... that certainly took me by surprise. I opened up the "must read blog" and was pleased to see that you had paid such a high compliment to the woman I called Mom. Thank you Susan.

Yeah... I'm learning to work on changing the small things in me that get in the way of personal peace. I keep wondering why it's so hard to just let go and be who we are sometimes. Odd, don't you think?

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner