Monday, November 17, 2008

Photos by Kent Newswander


I received the most wonderful box by UPS today, from my b-i-l, Kent. This picture of HIS 2 framed pictures does not do justice to their beauty so you are invited to come and see them up close and personal. They have been hung next to my wonderful grand piano, in the front room, the room for peace and music and thought (click on the picture at the right for a larger view).

The bottom photo he had sent me by email to enjoy as I enjoy all his photos and it is of the Merced River. But he told me he was sending me a surprise...and the top one is the surprise. The mountain in the background, behind the lovely autumn-colored tree is El Capitan...the mountain famous for climbing....for Kent...not me! But what a backdrop. This is how Kent described his day...

Both pictures were taken on the valley floor of Yosemite. Debi though I was out of my mind going to Yosemite on such a rainy day but it worked out for the good, most of the pictures were taken under an umbrella.

Previously he had sent me these lovely tree pictures from some place since I love trees and am collecting them...as a reminder that I am to become like a tree...I am to BE a tree. That picture is amazing and altho it's put away for the winter months, it will return.


These however...I think they are on the wall for a good long while.

"Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln's Own Stories
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)
Kent is an amazing photographer as well as a mountain climbing maniac...I mean guide. But he's developed an eye for the beautiful nature that surrounds him as he climbs, as he meditates, and does so well at capturing the colors and the moment. I keep asking him to set up a website so he can sell his wares...and I am sure they will sell. I would buy altho I must admit...gifts are a wonderful thing to get, especially when I have had no voice, only a huge nasty cough...and I don't have the same eye that he does. It's the perfect thing to sit and see the smallest details in the wonderful world...the world that I don't venture into. But as I enjoy the world from my windows, I now can enjoy Kent's world from his window of photography.

Thanks, Kent...these pictures are amazing! I love you!

3 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

We'll see them in a week and a half!

Lin said...

lovely photos and lovelier to receive them as a present from a loved one. enjoy, get well soon-thanksgiving is coming.

mom/caryn said...

All I can think of to say is WOW!!!
I'd buy one (or more) in a heartbeat. They're magnificent! You're right on the money... he does have an eye.

I bet it's just downright fun to be a favorite of your b-i-l.

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner