Monday, October 13, 2008

sighs

Thank goodness the weather is lovely.....it makes up for other things, doesn't it?

Yesterday after Stake Conference, we went to Euclid to have dinner with my godparents. Patsy had wanted to do and naturally got herself all worked up having to cook again, something she doesn't do very often anymore. But the real reason she wanted us to come to dinner it turns out, was that she and Johnny had a housewarming/Christmas gift for us. The box was huge and heavy and turned out to be this:


A Tiffany table lamp. What a delightful surprise and right now it looks lovely on my tea cart in the front window.

Robert is so good and kind. He suggested that my godparents might like to take a drive...they literally jumped at the offer (as if they could jump but you understand). so first we drove to the cemetery where we went today to bury my godmother's sister...and then to the cemetery where their son is buried. They loved looking at the leaves which were turning the wonderful autumn colors.

Today I picked up my godparents and went to the graveside service of my aunt/cousin Ven...here's a pix of her as an child with her mom, Auntie Florrie. Following the service we drove to Kirtland for a great funeral luncheon. Right now I am tired and weary. Glad this day is over...and more glad that I understand The Plan.

4 comments:

Lin said...

lovely lamp...sounds like you are spreading cheer to your godparents.

Nikki said...

What a lovely lamp.

mom/caryn said...

Okay... lovely lamp just doesn't say it for me. That lamp could put my eternal exhaltation in jeopary. I COVET it. It's wonderful!!!

Sounds like you've had a busy, busy time. But rich in relationships and memories.

Nicole said...

I love that lamp!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner