Friday, February 08, 2008

IN my 60th year

Yep...it's Feb 8th again...and altho I am just 59 Robert reminds me I am IN my 60th year...which is great for me. Beats being IN the ground. We have always had a tradition in our home that the birthday person gets a tray present with the breakfast in bed. Since we awaken each day at 5 am and despite the fact I am IN my 60th year, I seem to be able to get moving better than Robert. I get up, take care of the dog, get Robert's breakfast and pack his lunch before he makes it out of the shower. Which is perfectly fine with me...he's made it so I have been a stay-at-home mom/wife for all these years while he works in the miserable world.

Last night he had PPI at the Stake Center. Late. When he arrived home it was close to 10pm and instead of breakfast in bed and a tray present, I got "breakfast" in bed and my tray present last night. Now if you know me, you know my favorite treat is a regular sized McD's hamburger...the one that used to cost 15 cents. So that's what I got with French Fries. The picture below is my tray present:
I know the pix is blurry but you can just make out the flags that are coming out of the Hershey Kisses....made personally by Robert. Each flag reads, "I love Tewey" (my nickname). Is that perfect?

My birthday dinner....English Beef Pie....is slow slow slow baking in the oven already. My Lemon Chiffon cake is baked and frosted and now I have to go spend some of the money Robert works so hard at earning. Actually Macy's sent me a gift certificate for my birthday and it feels like the perfect day to use it. Tonight our best friends, Pam and Ken, are joining us for dinner (hooray for good friends who are willing to come and keep you company in the absence of kids) and later Jordan and Hillary are coming up. The Barretts and Christensens are arriving tomorrow...more for the other event (read more later) than for my birthday but it was good scheduling. So that's my day's report.

Happy Birthday to me!

12 comments:

amy said...

happy birthday! have a wonderful day! those candy kisses are so cute!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Max and Deborah said...

What a great Birthday!! Happy Birthday Susan!!! Make sure to laugh everyday this year. Sounds like you are fulfilling your "party a month" goal. Have fun!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

What a fun tray present! Happy Birthday MOM! You are the best. Can't wait to see you. Scarlett and Guy want to give you a big hug and kiss for your b-day! :)

Nikki said...

Hope your birthday is fabulous. It sounds like it had been so far!!

Lin said...

well, i didn't know your birthday was the same day as my son and your nephew frank. congrats on still being in your 50s....they were my happiest years, happy birthday!

Emma said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Susan.
Birthday hugs from a cross the sea.
((((HUGS))))
Love
Emma

heather said...

Happy Birthday! I saw something at Target and had to buy it for you. Little did I know your birthday was this week. Hopefully I'll get into the mail by Monday. Hope you had a great day!

Michelle said...

Well Happy Birthday! You'll be getting your Christmas gift in February so that means I've still got a couple months to worry about the Birthday! Sorry I didn't know - I'd have at least called and sung to you!

Robin said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Susan Dear ..
What a great celebrator you are. Your traditions are just plain ol' fun!!!!!! And, that nick-name ... where did it come from? Now I have written down your birthday for next year! What a happy time. Many happy thoughts to you my new and dear friend!

Robin said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Susan Dear ..
What a great celebrator you are. Your traditions are just plain ol' fun!!!!!! And, that nick-name ... where did it come from? Now I have written down your birthday for next year! What a happy time. Many happy thoughts to you my new and dear friend!

Kate said...

Happy very belated Birthday!

email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner